Which Colleges Choose Nigerian Applicants In 2019?
One of the biggest perks of living in the 21st century is that nothing limits you from becoming whoever you want! Modern students have much wider horizons than it used to be a few decades ago. Thus, today, a student can easily apply and get into a college located on the other edge of the world.
So, you’ve decided to grab this opportunity and apply to a foreign college in 2019? For sure, that’s a big and responsible step. However, there is no need to stress out because of it! Although it may be a real challenge for a Nigerian student to pick the right educational facility abroad and apply to it, this article is meant to help you out with this uneasy endeavor.
Main Drawbacks Of Gaining Education In Nigeria
Without any doubt, one of the most significant factors that cause applicants to seek education abroad is the poor quality of education in Nigeria. For many decades, educational facilities in this country have been under-funded. Due to this reason, schools can’t afford to accept too many students and, thus, most applicants remain outside the competition. According to statistics, almost 400,000 candidates don’t get a spot in a college each year and this, without a doubt, is a very frightening tendency. However, lack of funding isn’t the only issue out there.
In addition, the system of universities in this country is simply not big enough to accommodate all students. To complicate matters, local universities lack talents and prestige. Thus, no wonder why so many domestic candidates are seeking educational opportunities outside their country.
Hot List Of Top 5 Facilities For Candidates From Nigeria
In a matter of fact, one of the hardest decisions all applicants have to make is probably which facility they should strive for. This can be especially hard when you are applying outside your native country.
Luckily, if you are struggling with this decision, we’ve got you covered! Below, we’ve collected a full list of universities considered the best ones for Nigerian applicants.
- Columbia University
Our first pick is a famous Columbia University located in New York. This institution has long gained a reputation of a credible and prestigious education facility. Many students from all around the globe are dreaming about entering it. However, this can be quite challenging due to the high competition and high tuition fee. Still, it is a worthy option to consider.
- Harvard University
We bet that everyone has heard about this legendary facility. It is prestigious, high-quality, and known for its famous and successful alumnus. Harvard is another excellent option for candidates, who either can afford their tuition fees or have exceptional achievements in different areas that can grant them a scholarship.
- Northeastern University
This university is located in Boston, which is considered to be the most friendly and high-quality facility for Nigerian students to apply. The fees are quite high in this school and reach almost $50,000. However, with a nice scholarship or grant, students can afford to obtain their degrees here!
- Cornell University
This is another school located in the New York state but in a different city called Ithaca. This facility is known for willingly accepting talented Nigerian students and, though it has high tuition fees, there are plenty of scholarship opportunities to help students cover their expenses.
- Georgia Institute of Technology
Your next option is located in Atlanta, and it boasts of the lowest tuition fees compared to the best colleges and universities from our list. It is also a great place for Nigerian students to consider!
Problems Faced By Students In The US And Tips
Although there are quite many students from Nigeria being accepted to American educational facilities each year, still, only one of four applicants gets the spot. Why does this happen? In most cases, it is either poor scores on entrance exams or incorrectly submitted packages.
In order to avoid such issues, we recommend all applicants to follow these simple but effective rules:
- University – even if you have a specific idea of what is your most favorite facility, it is always a good idea to have several alternative options. Thus, we recommend sending out applications to several facilities at the same time. This will definitely increase the chances of getting in!
- Deadlines and admission requirements – probably the best tactics for an international student is to be as informed as possible about all the peculiarities of the admission process in a particular country. Make sure you have a clear idea of what universities expect from their applicants.
- Essay – it is the most important part of the application right after the English proficiency test scores. Thus, you MUST write a memorable and attention-driving essay or, at least, find another way to complete it. For example, some students may find services like EssayPro quite handy in this case. There are plenty of similar services that employ professional academic writers, who know exactly how to create a head-turning admission essay that will get you the desired spot!
- Attention to details – entering a university, it is vital to be extremely accurate and cautious with the details and documents.
Despite obstacles and issues that many Nigerian applicants encounter, still, quite a big part of them overcomes the challenges and gets a spot in the university. Only in the US, there are over 10,000 Nigerian students, and these statistics once more proves that everything is possible! With dedication, hard work, motivation, and our handy tips, you are doomed to succeed, so keep moving forward!