Fort Lauderdale, FL (October 5, 2016) – South African Airways (SAA), the national airline of South Africa, would like to advise its valued travel partners and industry business partners that its Regional Office for the Americas in Fort Lauderdale, Florida will be closed on Thursday, October 6, 2016 and most likely, on Friday, October 7, 2016 due to the impact of Hurricane Matthew on South Florida over the next 48 hours. For urgent customer needs, South African Airways Reservations can be reached at 1-(800) 722-9675 from 9:00AM to 8:00PM EDT. South African Airways is closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Matthew and its potential impact on the east coast of the U.S. over the weekend and into early next week. SAA has issued a travel advisory for customers that may elect to voluntarily change their travel plans to avoid potential disruption due to the storm. Ticketed passengers on South African Airways operated flights to/from New York – JFK International Airport or Washington, DC-Dulles International Airport may change their date of travel through Sunday, October 9, with change fees waived. The following rebooking terms will apply:
- Rebook onto another SAA-operated flight to / from New York-JFK or Washington-Dulles only for travel up to and including October 11, 2016
- Change of routing is permitted as long as travel is via New York-JFK or Washington-Dulles
- New reservation is subject to availability of same booking class / same cabin. A change in cabin is not permitted.
- This policy is applicable to tickets issued on South African Airways (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets issued on other airlines
- Tickets must be re-issued on / before October 11, 2016
- New travel dates must commence on / before October 11, 2016
- The endorsement box of the reissued ticket must be annotated with: “INVOL REROUTE DUE TO HURRICANE MATTHEW”